After exclusively breastfeed your baby for their first 6 months of life, you can start to introduce solid food to your baby and still continue to breastfeed her until she is 2 years old. It is suggested that parents should introduce variety of food to baby since it will come many benefits for their baby, such as for baby’s brain and baby’s physic development. You can make those foods into porridge that are able to be swallowed by baby. However, she is still in learning period to eat solid food. In order to make this weaning baby process be successful you can check this following guide.
- In order to introduce and to give solid food to baby it is better to start when she is already 4 to 6 months old. But, many experts recommend to parent to introduce and to give solid food only when baby has already 6 months old.
- Do you want to know when your baby have already ready for solid food? It is simple, actually baby is ready for solid food when she is able to eat food from the spoon you give to her.
- Porridge or cereal is her first consumable food.
- Do the experiment in order to know when the right time for baby to be ready in receiving solid food, whether it is after or before breastfeeding or in the separate time from breastfeeding or formulae milk time.
- Knowing the allergen of your baby, if your family or your spouse’s family having allergic history, then it is possible that your baby also possess allergy. Instead of trying to give food and wait the respond for allergy, it is better to immediately detect what allergen could possibly suffered by baby.
- Start baby’s first weaning by using tea-spoon. Then gradually increase the portion.
- After giving your baby porridge, you can try for another kind of food, such as oatmeal, vegetables, fruit, or milled-meal.
- If your baby has already 7 to 8 months but still doesn’t want to eat solid food, then consult it with your pediatrician.
Weaning baby for the first time is not always easy for parents, it often difficult and full of tension. However, whether your baby likes it or not, they should still enrich the nutrition source since it is not sufficient anymore if baby only receive breast milk or formulae milk to fulfill their nutrition needs. Hopefully this weaning baby guide can help you a lot.