You must have experienced a moment in which baby is very active, she is kicking and screaming until you seems don’t have any chance to change her diaper. At this point, the activity in changing baby’s diaper becomes difficult to be done. You can’t give up facing this situations, baby and also toddler are usual doing something like this, refusing everything that can make them not free anymore. Don’t confuse about the solution, here are tips that you can do to be a winner against your baby or toddler in changing their diapers:
- Create a special performances simply to attract baby’s attention so they won’t realize that you are changing her diaper. You can sing a cheerful song so you can get her attention.
- Clasp your baby’s favorite toy by using your mouth. Let her try to grab that toy, then you can play with your baby using her toy. You are suggested to change the kind of toy since baby is easy to be bored to something including her toys if she playing with it for continuous time.
- Put the moving toys in the place you tried to change her diapers. It is intended to attract baby’s attention.
- Move your finger up and down on baby’s feet and stomach, this will make her feel amused and laugh with you.
- Make a funny face and funny body movements so your baby will be more concentrate to your face and body.
- Keep talking to your baby about anything you want to talk, such as about her diaper she wears, about the cotton you used or about the food that you have cooked special for baby.
- If baby stays active, always making movements, then you can use floor that is backed by mattress simply to prevent your baby to be felt down.
You can create many ways to face your active baby when changing her diaper, just be creative. The main point is make this activity to be fun so your baby won’t feel be tamed. Don’t be pessimistic facing this situation since your baby could also feel what you’re feeling, if it is so then you will fail changing the diaper. Be optimistic and We’re sure you can