Be skillful in using fingers and hands
Have your children been skillful in using their fingers and hands? If they have not been skilful, you can often ask them to do these varoius activities:
- Play the game of Play-Doh. Ask your children to create ball by using their palms to make small ball like peanuts with their finger tip or you can ask them to cut Play-Doh that have been flatten by using plastic scissors.
- Tear the used newspaper. Tear the newspaper from the up side to the beneath until it becomes small pieces. Then knead it into balls.
- Play with sprayer. Give them bottle spray that is filled with water and let them help you to water the plants or clean the mirror.
- Snap at things. Ask your children to snap at things like macaroni, button and ask your kids to move those things from one place to another place by using tweezers. You can give them cake tweezers that have already been at home.
- Shake the dice. Your kids must like this activity. First ask them to shake the dice first by using their hands that are shut.
- Play with small screwdriver. The electronic equipments that have been broken at home can be the helping tools. Let your kids fix them by using screwdriver.
1 year old
- Bend the 2 cubes that are held by their hands.
- Point thing with their index finger.
- Take things with tweezers.
- Try to sketch.
- Hold the cup and drink from the cup but it will spoil a little.
- Build the tower using 3 cubes.
- Often to sketch.
- Eat with spoon.
- Take off their own socks.
- Release and wear cap by themselves.
2 years old
- Make the circle and horizontal line though it is not perfect yet.
- Build the tower by using 6 cubes.
- Hold the crayon by the index finger and thumb.
- Make a tassel by using big beads.
- Cut things.
- Eat with spoon and fork.
- Hold the cup with one hand.
- Put off their own shorts.
- Open the big button by themselves.