When baby is in the period of 12 to 24 months old, there are many activities that she can do. Her concentration ability is getting increase at this period of age, this condition make she able to finish complex challenges related to eye-hand coordination. Sometimes you’ll see her seriously conducting certain activity, you can see from her face that is fully concentrating to finish the activity. Her self-confidence motivates herself to try more hard in order to solve a game or a difficult puzzle. As parent, you surely can give her many stimulation in order to make her eye-hand coordination develops properly and optimally.
Here are things that you can do to stimulate the development of eye-hand coordination in 12 to 24 months baby:
- Make a special place to display her painting or creation. There is no better way to express your proud of her except displaying her masterpiece of art. Besides, by doing this way will motivate her to more create something.
- Play a clapping game. At this period of age, she likes to clapped, therefore you can ask her to clapped by following the rhythm of music.
- Joggle fingers. Show to your baby how to stretch her hand to the sides and then start to joggle you fingers. By seeing it, she will immediately resemble the fingers-joggling.
- Playing pointing the object. Mention a certain object in the room and ask your beloved one to find the object by pointing it. Your baby will look around to find your desired object, then pointing it once she finds it.
- Using objects around to stimulate her eye-hand coordination. Play with your baby by involving objects in the house, this way can train her ability to coordinate eye and hand.
- Let her to choose the clothes to wear on.
- Ask your baby to clean up her dining table. She can bring the dish or dining tools to the kitchen to be washed.
There is still many ways you can do to stimulate your baby’s eye-hand coordination development. Points listed above are still nothing. Instead, you can find or create the simulations by yourself. Be creative and happy enjoying your time with baby.