Breastfeeding is the activity that is so natural after women give birth. However, not all women can breastfeed her child smoothly moreover some of them can’t breastfeed because her breast doesn’t function well. When you almost give birth, your body will naturally prepare you to breastfeed. You don’t need to have extra treatment.
But if your skin is too sensitive or your nipple can’t appear and hide in breast, and you don’t also want to do anything so that baby will not be difficult to drink milk from your breast, here are the tips that you can do before your baby was born and you can also breastfeed her smoothly:
- Massage your breast softly and give some drops of Colustrum on the nipple every day. Start doing this several weeks before you give birth.
- Give lanolin cream around the nipple, do it several times every day to calm breast area that feels hurt and also soften the skin after breastfeeding.
- Try to wear nursing bra and keep it open so your breast gets enough oxygen and air.
- If you have problems with the nipple that hide in breast, consult this with the lactation expert.
- Join groups of breastfeeding if your time to breastfeed is closer to get enough information about breastfeeding periods or questions that you want to ask before giving birth.
- Get the good book about breastfeeding and read it when you almost give birth so that you can get information that you need when your baby was born.
Just try these and hopefully you can breastfeed your child successfully at least for 6 months.