Mother at Pregnancy Week 16
- Your belly starts to look bigger.
- Muscles and also ligaments start to loose, your waist circle is not seen anymore.
- Start to wear loosing and comfortable clothes, such as maternity clothes.
- Pick your foods carefully, at this week 16 your appetite and your weight will increase fast.
- You can start to feel baby move at this Week 16. Actually, it can only feel by mothers who had been pregnant before or by mothers who are thin.
- You can start to wear breast shields for one hour a day since your nipple is still flat or is pulled insideward.
- Between Pregnancy Week 16 and pregnancy week 18 you will undergo certain tests, including the alpha-fetoprotein test or AFP test and amniocentesis test. AFP test is a test that measures the protein coming from fetal urine. This test can indicate if a potential problem may exist with your baby. While amniocentesis test is a test that looks for chromosomal problems or genetic birth defects in babies. During this test a health care provider passes a thin need through the uterus to withdraw amniotic fluid for testing. There is some risk for miscarriage, leaking or complications from this test. You should talk with your doctor thoroughly before deciding whether you want this test as it is somewhat risky.
Your baby at Pregnancy Week 16
- Your fetus’ height is increased by fast.
- Fetus’ movements will be felt stronger than before.
- Fine hair are start to grow at a whole body’s surface, it is usually called lunago.
- Placenta is already formed and is fully functioned.
- In Pregnancy Week 16, fetus’ height is approximately 4.5 inches to 6 inches, and her weight is almost 3 ounces.
- In Pregnancy Week 16, your baby’s heart is pumping roughly 25 quarts of blood each day.
Hopefully this article will make you to be more understand of what happened to mother and baby in Pregnancy Week 16.