There are kinds of stimulation for baby while she is still in the womb, it is including the stimulation of touch, mother’s voices, nutrition, and music. You can do several things in every stimulation in order to optimize baby development while she is still in the womb. Here are the details of the stimulation:
- 8 Weeks fetus: start to be sensitive to mother’s touch
- 17 weeks fetus: the stomach and buttock area start to be able to feel touch. If we see fetus through USG 4D, it is seen that fetus starts to make exploration by rubbing her face, sucking thumb, delighting to feel motion that she made by reacting to here and there and start to see her body parts, such as hands and feet.
- 32 weeks fetus: almost of all fetus’ body are sensitive to the sense of hot, cold, pressure, amusement or pain. At this period of time, you can ‘joke’ with your baby by touching your belly strong enough so that she can feel it. Wait for a moment. Usually, in a short time baby will reply your touch with kicking, punching, or changing position. Touch again at the spot where baby moves. Be patient in waiting her reply. Do it repeatedly.
- Your gent caress will make your baby calm, especially when she is always moving.
Stimulation from Mother’s Voice
- The first sound that was heard by baby is mother’s voice. For baby, mother’s voice have special effect like classical music, which is controlling the rhythm of baby’s heart beat and stimulating the increasing of baby’s weight.
- Do these activities for your baby: every day read a story for your baby for several minutes. When you’re reading a story to your baby, it will make her calmer. Ask your baby to talk over time. Consider that your baby had understood of what you’re saying. Every moment that is happened to both of you, you can tell it to your baby. Do it with soft voice and full of earnestness.
Stimulation from Nutrition
- Fetus’ brain cells that are grown and developed since the first month will divide fast until 100 billion. Those cells are developed according to each place and function. Since 6 months pregnancy, the cells will be connected one to another form a complex functional circuit that will ascertain how fast the information will be delivered.
- Suggestion: Consume fish since it contains Omega-3 fatty acid (Long Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid or LCPUFA) which is consisted of docosahexanoic acid (DHA) and Arachidonic Acid (ARA). Those fatty acids have a role in the brain development process and in visualization. Fetus gets the fatty acids directly from mother through the placenta.
Stimulation from Music
- Fetus in her age of 18 to 22 weeks can react to the sounds that she heard.
- There is Mozart Effect, music composition from Mozart can stimulate baby’s brain to be smarter. Classical music, according to dr. Alfred Tomatis, can stimulate fetus’ brain so it can make certain motor movement in fetus to be emerged, can control fetus’ heart beat, and stimulate the increasing of fetus’ weight. And the music rhythm can also bring to the increasing of baby’s mathematical intelligence in the future.
- The introducing process of music involves many areas in the brain. In the brain there is an association center of visual and hearing that has a function to interpret the seen object and sounds. Those information will be continued to the emotional center in limbic system (middle brain that is important for learning, short-term memory, and emotion).
- Do this following: stimulate your baby everyday for an half hour minimum. Listen a classical music to her while you do another thing at the same time, including when you are sleeping. The most important thing is your emotional condition should be calm and relax, because your baby in the womb can feel what you’re feeling.